Frequently Asked Questions
What do I bring on first visit?
- Prior to the office visit, please make sure to bring your insurance card, a form of identification with a photo and the referral from your primary care provider (if applicable) to see the specialist.
- A list of your current medications
- Medical records from prior visits that you think may be helpful
How do I prepare for procedures?
- See procedure section of this web site
Are you a licensed medical doctor?
- Yes, licensed in New York and New Jersey States
Have you had formal training in GI endoscopy?
Is your rate of cecal (total colon) intubation greater than 90%?
Do you perform more than 100 colonoscopies annually?
Do you have endoscopic privileges at a licensed health care facility or hospital?
- Yes, at Lenox Hill Northwell Hospital, , Westside GI LLC, and Hudson Crossing Surgery Center, LLC
Is polypectomy (polyp removal) routinely performed during elective colonoscopy?
Do you offer intravenous sedation for colonoscopy?
Where are the procedures performed?
- Dr. Shim performs procedures at WESTSIDE GI llc and Hudson Crossing Surgery Center llc