What do I bring on first visit?
- Prior to the office visit, please make sure to bring your insurance card, a form of identification with a photo and the referral from your primary care provider (if applicable) to see the specialist.
- A list of your current medications
- Medical records from prior visits that you think may be helpful
How do I prepare for procedures?
- See procedure section of this web site
Are you a licensed medical doctor?
- Yes, licensed in New York and New Jersey States
Have you had formal training in GI endoscopy?
Is your rate of cecal (total colon) intubation greater than 90%?
Do you perform more than 100 colonoscopies annually?
Do you have endoscopic privileges at a licensed health care facility or hospital?
- Yes, at Lenox Hill NorthshoreLIJ Hospital, NYU, Westside GI LLC, and Hudson Crossing Surgery Center, LLC
Is polypectomy (polyp removal) routinely performed during elective colonoscopy?
Do you offer intravenous sedation for colonoscopy?
Where is the procedures performed?
- Dr. Shim performs procedures at WESTSIDE GI llc and Hudson Crossing Surgery Center llc